What is a Squatty Potty?
When I mention the Squatty Potty in conversations, I love some of the comments I receive:
- “Huh, what did you say”
- “What the heck is a Squatty Potty?
- “Are you serious?”
- “You must be joking”
- “Does it work?!”
Yet, when they realize I’m not jesting, these same people are very curious about the Squatty Potty.
The Squatty Potty is a custom made stool that neatly fits underneath your toilet seat providing elevation to your feet, placing you into a squatting position for the proper way to poop.
Did you know that squatting is a natural and very beneficial way for fecal matter to exit your body?
Many cultures around the world , specifically in the east, normally squat when pooping.
I witnessed this first hand while visiting India a few years ago.
I remember the first time I used one of the locals outside potty.
I opened the door to discover a hole a in the ground with foot placement markers so you knew exactly where to squat and not miss…LOL!
Does the Squatty Potty Work?
Before I owned a Squatty Potty, I used my trash can beside my toilet to elevate my feet. It somewhat aided me to assume the correct posture but wasn’t always as practical or very comfortable to use.
Frequently I experienced difficulty when the trash-can would fall while attempting to balance my feet on it. Also, my feet where prevented from being at the optimum distance apart.
Now that I own a Squatty Potty, I not only have the comfort and convenience of a well-constructed and attractive stool,
I’m also able to fully benefit from the correct alignment of the recto-anal angle and feet placement, therefore I’m experiencing the health benefits of squatting while pooping.
How I’ve Benefited from Using the Squatty Potty
- Ease of bowel movements. Once you elevate the feet upon the Squatty Potty stool, the body seems to automatically know what to do. Less pushing and straining has lessened the discomfort of my hemorrhoids. (Update as of 9-24-2015: My hemorrhoids are healed!)
- Greater volume and faster elimination of poop.Yep, I said poop. There have been times when sitting down to poop, I thought there wasn’t much to let loose; however, to my surprise much more very quickly and easily exited my bowels. The more I poop, the greater volume of toxic material leaves my body thus aiding better overall health. The longer poop dwells in the intestines, the greater potential for disease to develop.
- The joy of pooping! Yes, I now really enjoy pooping. It’s quicker, easier with less pain and complications. In addition, there is peace of mind knowing each time I use my Squatty Potty I am promoting good health for my body and the proper way to poop..
- Fits the Decor of the Bathroom. My squatty potty stool conveniently slides out of the way under our toilet and doesn’t clash with the bathroom decor. An added bonus that makes my wife happy. 🙂
Squatty Potty Is Currently Available in the Following Styles:
- Ecco – fits any budget durable and easy to maintain.
- Slim – modern contempary design sculptured plywood.
- Tao Bamboo Adjustable – adjustable Squatty Potty made of renewable bamboo.
- 2.0 Adjustable Squatty Potty – not sure what Squatty Potty to buy?…Get the affordable snap-on adjustable Squatty Potty
- Foldable Porta-Squatty – just fold it, store it or carry with you in a stylish carrying case.
What Size Squatty Potty Should You Get?
Two heights are available for the Squatty Potty, 7 inch and 9 inch.
Your flexibility and height of your toilet will decide which Squatty Potty is best for you.
The suggested height for beginners is the 7 inch height.
Please understand, I am not proclaiming the Squatty Potty to be the panacea cure for every intestinal disorder known to man.
However, for me it has definitely provided relieve and become an aid to the healing of my bowel movement challenges.
As most of my family and friends already know, I am an avid fan of the Squatty Potty.
Most who know me understand that I’m a straightforward guy.
I recommend what I use and what I honestly believe may benefit you.
Let’s face it, everyone poops, yet, not everyone poops the proper way. That’s why I strongly believe every household should own a Squatty Potty.
My wife and I both confidently attest to you that the Squatty Potty really works.
On one occasion, we had a guess at our house who decided with skepticism to secretly try-out our Squatty Potty stool while visiting our home.
After exiting our bathroom, excited and shocked, this guest exclaimed, “It really works! My bowel movement came out with much less effort.”
With that experience, you no longer have to ask that person the question, “Does the squatty potty work?.”
OH!…One Final Thing….CHECK THIS OUT!
A few days after I had purchased and received my first Squatty Potty back in 2012, I received an email from Robert (Bobby) Edwards asking me to contact him.
At that time, Fox2 News in St. Louis was looking for a Squatty Potty representative to interview on the show.
After reading my blog and viewing my YouTube Squatty Potty video, Robert Edwards told me he thought I was the man for the job if I was willing to do it.
I gladly agreed!
The rest is history….
Fox2Now STL Morning Show Interview
Please leave comments below and thank you for stopping by!
Share you thoughts !
Whether you agree, disagree, don’t care or whatever,
I’d LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Don’t be shy…LOL!
Be Your Best and Be Blessed!